Cultural Planning Resources
In 2015, Wandsworth revised its Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for Planning Obligations. Any development scheme over 100 units or above 10,000sqm mixed use/commercial space has to provide a cultural plan in discussion and agreement with Enable Arts and Wandsworth Planning Team.
A developer may provide a Cultural Plan through discussion and agreement with Enable and the borough, or make a commuted sum payment for the borough to invest in local cultural infrastructure. Section 106 contributions may be pooled with up to five developments in a locality.
A Cultural Guidance Note sets out the benefits and outcomes Wandsworth and Enable Arts would like to secure such as:
- Subsidised space for cultural tenants and creative workspace including artist studios
- Permanent arts commissions integrated within landscaping or building features
- Early activation through temporary creative projects through the development’s construction phase
- Support for local festivals or other programmes
- Tangible creative ways for local communities to participate or learn