Wandsworth Fringe Fund

The WAF 2017 Grant Fund supports activities and events that will take place as part of Wandsworth Arts Fringe from 5-21 May 2017.

Wandsworth Arts Fringe supports the cultural life of the borough on the ground and provides an important role as a testing ground and market place for new ideas and audiences. It can include street performances, family workshops, exhibitions, music, dance and all things in between – taking place indoors and outdoors in all corners of the borough in theatres, pubs, empty shops, libraries, parks, high streets, galleries etc. To find out more about Wandsworth Arts Fringe and how to take part see wandsworthfringe.com

Applications should demonstrate arts content and meet one or more of the following criteria:

•    opening up new spaces or venues, indoors or outdoors, for arts to take place

•    reaching new and hard-to-reach audiences or participants

•    developing new work or practise

All applications must embrace equality of opportunity and professionalism. By professionalism we mean, for example, undertaking risk assessments, having a safeguarding policy in place and recognising the need for artists to be paid for their work (though this can be valued in kind).

The fund is unable to support profit making ventures.

Awards

Grants will fund up to 70% of the total project cost. The maximum award is £2,000.

Who can apply?

Applications are open to organisations, partnerships and individuals that demonstrate how they meet the criteria of the grant.

Applicants do not have to be based in Wandsworth, but the proposal must benefit Wandsworth residents by taking place in the borough and demonstrating a considered marketing plan to reach Wandsworth residents.

How to apply

You will need to complete the grant application form and submit it electronically to arts@wandsworth.gov.uk

We advise that you speak with the arts team at enable about your application before submitting. You can call on 0208 871 8711 or email arts@wandsworth.gov.uk.

A Grants Clinic where you can receive 1-2-1 advice on making your application will be held on Thursday 24 November: 4-7pm at the Balham Bowls Club, 7-9 Ramsden Road, SW12 8QX

Application deadline: 9am Monday 5 December 2016.

You will receive an email informing you of the outcome from 9 January 2017.

Successful applications

Your offer may differ from the amount you have asked for and will be bound by a contractual grant agreement issued by the Grant Fund Development Officer . You must sign and return this agreement. Your offer may be contingent on fulfilment of special conditions – sometimes further information such as a marketing plan or more detail about finances.

40% of the grant will be paid on receipt of the signed letter and fulfilment of any special conditions. The remaining 60% will be paid upon completion of your project and receipt of a Grant Report. You will receive a template Grant Report upon notification of outcome.

You will be required to acknowledge the grant in all marketing and publicity as the terms and conditions dictate.

Alterations

If your budget changes after submission, for example due to unexpected income increases or lower than expected match funding, the amount payable will be at the discretion of Enable.

Download the application form

WAF 2017 Grant Fund