Garden wall plaques
Lease terms: One or seven years.
Location of memorial: Either side of the top entrance gate to the garden of remembrance.
Options: Photo plaque or artistic design.
Availability: NEW MEMORIAL. Plenty of availability.
Description: The wall plaques are located at the top of the entrance to the garden of remembrance opposite the car park. These black granite plaques with silver lettering offer up to five lines of inscription and optional photo plaque or artistic design of your choice.
Click here for Artistic design options. All of these options are priced at the additional fee of £66. Please note that the wider options will take up more room on the plaque affecting the number of lines of inscription that are available.
If you can not see what you want and have something else in mind please provide an image and we will get a quote for you.
Purchase and setup: £200
1 years lease: £22*
7 years lease: £150
Photo plaque option: £80
Artistic design option: £POA
*You may pay for this memorial annually by direct debit. See ‘how to apply’ for more information.
All prices valid until 31st December 2017.
Download the Garden wall plaque application form
1. Fill in the applicant section at the top of page 1.
2. Please read the terms and conditions below and sign the form.
3. For consistency, only black granite with silver lettering is available.
4. Fill in the grid with your desired inscription. Please use one box in the grid for each letter, space, comma and full stop etc.
5. The name of the deceased must be placed on its own line and be no longer than 15 letters.
6. Blacked out boxes allow for drill holes and can not be used.
7. Do not worry about centring the text as this will be done for you.
8. Please indicate if you would like a photo plaque or artistic design. An additional fee is payable for these. If chosen please do not use the shaded boxes for the inscription.
9. A proof will be sent to you and will need to be agreed prior to the plaque being made. Fees are payable before manufacture.
How to pay
1. You need not pay anything yet. Once you have agreed and accepted the proof we will ask for payment which can be made by cheque payable to ‘Enable Leisure and Culture’ or you may pay by credit/debit card.
2. You will need to pay the ‘purchase and setup fee’ as stated in the current pricelist. Then add the fee for the lease you wish to add – either 1 or 7 years.
3. If you wish to pay annually you can do this by direct debit. In which case please fill in a direct debit mandate form. Your first years lease will be taken from your account on the first day of the month following the installation of your plaque/memorial and the first day of that month each year thereafter.
4. Memorial leases are renewable each year or every seven years. We will write to you one month prior to the renewal date.
1. Once approved by the applicant please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and placement in the garden of remembrance. The lease term starts from the date the memorial is installed.
2. Inscriptions can be refused if deemed inappropriate or unsuitable.
3. We reserve the right to alter the layout of an inscription to suit continuity or to cater for artwork, photo plaques or drill holes. Where possible these changes will be reflected on the proof.
4. The purchase and setup fee is payable before any work is commissioned.
5. It is the applicants responsibility to notify the office of any change of address. This must be done on the official form available from the office or from www.enablelc.org. The council and/or its contractor hold no responsibility for a lease being terminated and plaques removed and disposed of where there has been no notification of a change of address.
6. Where a memorial is not renewed the plaque will be removed and disposed of but not before two letters of renewal have been sent to the applicant at his/her registered address. Please observe point 5 above.
7. All memorials including their surrounds and fixings remain the property of Wandsworth council and/or its contractor however should the applicant cancel a memorial he/she may collect the plaque from the office in person upon giving reasonable notice. Plaques will not be placed in the post.
8. Freshly cut flowers without any wrappings may be placed at the foot of the wall. No other items including vases of any type are permitted in the garden of remembrance. No items may be placed on or attached to a plaque or behind, in front or beside it or its surround. Unauthorised items will be removed and disposed of without notice. Staff periodically remove flowers deemed past their best without notice.