Swaby Gardens Playground Consultation Results
Wandsworth Council are redesigning the existing junior playground in Swaby Gardens and recently asked local residents for their view as to which design should be built in the space. By popular vote, the winning design is option one which combines a ship-themed multi-play with ropes, nets, lookout towers and a slide.
Funding of up to £163,000 was secured from NCIL (Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy) to refurbish the junior playground and move the toddler play equipment to be part of the new design. Wandsworth Council secured NCIL funding from development projects in the local areas and invests the funding in local community facilities.
The purpose of the refurbishment is to:
- Redesign the layout and join the junior and toddler playgrounds.
- Provide an accessible playground for children of all abilities.
- Provide exciting play equipment that has; climbing, swinging, rotating, sliding, balancing and stretching features.
- Offer a range of challenging, energetic strength building play experiences to help build children’s self confidence and tests the limits of their capabilities.
- Create a place for social interactions, to help children learn how to negotiate, cooperate, compete and resolve conflicts.
Further information about when the works will start will be announced here in the near future.
For further information please contact:
Teresa Constantinou, Playground Development Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enable Leisure & Culture manage and deliver the parks service on behalf of Wandsworth Council.
Latchmere Recreation Ground
Latest Parks News
Previous newsletters Park news #1 (2015)
Summer of Parks 2016
We welcome feedback about local parks. Each summer we meet park visitors and run an online survey
Summer of Parks 2016 – summer-of-parks-2016