Walk 4 Life
Wandsworth Walk 4 Life is an accredited walking scheme that offers a series of free walks around the borough.
Our walks are led by trained walk leaders who can advise and guide you towards building up your physical activity at a pace that suits you. The walks are free and you can just turn up.
We also hold volunteer walk leader training, so if you’re interested in becoming a walk leader and leading or supporting a walk within Wandsworth, please contact us on 020 8871 6373 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our led walks
We have a number of walks across Wandsworth that vary on days, times and duration. Please see our list of walks here or click on the locations below. If you would like to join one of our walks below, you can just turn up or you can contact us in advance to let us know you will be coming.
What else do I need to know?
- Please arrive five minutes before the walk is due to start.
- New walkers will need to fill out an outdoor registration form (so that your leader is aware of any health problems), please download a form or contact us to send you a form by post. Please bring the completed form along on your first walk.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a bottle of water and an extra item of clothing.
- Lizi Gold’s Walkers – Mondays 10.15am (1 hour), meet outside Falcon Road Medical Centre (nearest postcode SW11 2PH). Walk led by Theresa Chime.
- Mondays 10.30am (1 hour), meet at Battersea Adventist Church (nearest postcode SW8 4BL). Walk led by Myrtle Walker.
- Tuesdays 10.30am (30 minutes), meet at either side of the Albert Bridge Gate (nearest postcode SW11 4PL). Walk led by Simon Grantham.
- Monday to Thursday 7.30am (45 minutes), meet by the green at Wix Lane School on Wix’s Lane (nearest postcode SW4 0AJ). Walk led by Jo Anderson.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 7.30am (45 minutes), meet at the bench near the tennis courts (nearest postcode SW17 8JU). Walk led by Sylvia Bennard.
- Tuesdays 12pm (45minutes), meet at the bench near the tennis courts (nearest postcode SW17 8JU). Walk led by Sylvia Bennard.
- Tuesdays 9am (1 hour), meet at the junction of Dr. Johnson Avenue and Hillbury Avenue (nearest postcode SW17 8JU). Walk led by Moira Harbord.
- Thursdays 10am (1 hour), meet at Dr. Johnson Avenue (nearest postcode SW17 8JU). Walk led by Frances Marsh.
- Lana Jane’s Health Walk – Thursdays 10.30am (45 minutes), meet outside Elborough Street Surgery (nearest postcode SW18 5DS). Walk led by Lana Jane.
Springfield Hospital – Thursday 10.30am (30 minutes). Supported walking for people with learning disabilities. Subject to eligibility criteria. For more information, call 020 8812 7000.
Roehampton monthly walk – First Sunday of the month at 10.30am (1 hour), meet outside the petrol station on Roehampton Lane. Walk led by John Horrocks.
Wandsworth Vision – First Saturday of the month. Supported walking for people with visual impairments. For more information call 020 8675 4246.
Carers Partnership Wandsworth – Wednesday 11am (1 hour) and Friday 11am. For more information call 020 8877 1200.