Corporate and Community Events Manager
Location: Battersea Park
Contract Type: Full Time (40 Hours per Week)
Closing date: 20 April 2021
Working within the Events Team and reporting to the Senior Community Venues and Events Manager, the Corporate and Community Events Manager will be responsible for the booking and venue management of events taking place in event spaces across the Wandsworth’s parks and open spaces, including our flagship park – Battersea Park. Responsibilities will include booking and managing corporate hires, promotional events, and supporting community hirers to ensure that they deliver safe and successful events in public spaces.
The Events Team are a very busy, creative, tight-knit group of vibrant professionals who are looking for someone to join the team who pride themselves on being the “yes” people and going the extra mile for their clients. We are looking for someone who has previous experience with managing events and health and safety paperwork in parks, outdoor venues or local authorities. Someone equally comfortable with advising professional event companies as well as supporting first-time community organisers. And someone who can balance our commitment to not overwhelming our public spaces but also with a keen understanding of achieving income targets.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at email@example.com.
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are currently operating digital recruitment and on-boarding processes.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please presume your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Providing information about the availability of venues, quotes, and carrying out site visits
- Briefing clients on Terms & Conditions for hire and licences, as required, and supporting clients making event applications
- Assisting the Senior Community Venues and Events Manager in developing and creating new event business and considering new initiatives to complement existing income streams from events in parks and open spaces
- Updating Priava with all enquiries
- Keeping up with income targets set by the Senior Community Venues and Events Manager, and Head of Events
- Attending technical or production meetings and participating in Safety Advisory Group meetings
- Ensuring all event application paperwork per event is complete and compliant with the requirements of the Event Policyand where applicable supporting clients with event documentation. This includes liaising with Environmental Services, Building Control and Highways Officers as required
- Ensuring that appropriate levels of policing/ security/ stewarding are provided for each event
- Liaising directly with Enable’s contractor for the supply of electrical services for events and ensures that clients are invoiced for the services provided
- Liaising directly with the Grounds Maintenance Contractor for the booking of sports pitches required for events
- Inspecting sites before their occupation, formally handing over sites to event organisers, regular checks of works on the sites before, during and after events, and formally accepting sites back from organisers on completion of the event. Invoices clients for cleaning services provided and any repair costs in conjunction with the Parks Team’s advice
- Attending events to provide onsite support and ensuring that organisers adhere to the solutions of their risk assessments and Event Management Plans to achieve successful operational delivery
- Monitoring noise levels of events in conjunction with Environmental Services and providing advice to event organisers on acceptable decibel levels, and music / PA system speaker directions
- Liaising closely with the Events Team and other park-based services to ensure that the wider Events/activity programme is coordinated properly
- Reporting any venue maintenance requests
- Dealing with relevant queries and complaints raised by clients, members of the public and suppliers or contractors. Updating the complaints and compliments log, and when necessary, escalating complaints to the Senior Community Venues and Events Manager or Head of Events
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures and standards are maintained to ensure safe working practices of all staff, clients, public and contractors in the working environment, in accordance with Enable Leisure & Culture’s policies.
- Guiding and advising local Friends groups and community stakeholders through the event management process to ensure they can plan and deliver safe events in public spaces
- Working with the Parks’ Community Engagement Officer to ensure local communities are aware of events and involved in any consultation
- Educating community groups on best practices in health and safety practices as well as practical event operations
- Line management of multiple staff including the Events Officer (Outdoor Venues) and Venues Administrator
Administration and Finance
- Managing all event paperwork and client relationships with the Evolution London/ Smart Hospitality
- Updating Priava with venue bookings and the budget with all recorded income and expenditure
- Creating client invoices and liaising directly with the Finance Team as required. Following up unpaid invoices to ensure that all monies owing are paid
- Seeking quotes for goods and services in line with Enable’s Procurement Code, and raising purchase orders as required
- Achieving targeted income through the careful selection of bookings whilst balancing the requirements of public use venues
- Carrying out other duties as directed by the Senior Community Venues and Events Manager, and Head of Events
- Supporting the Head of Events and Events Team with the delivery of events produced by Enable
- Assisting with the physical set up and dismantling of events, including the management of contractors and suppliers and the distribution and return of events equipment / stores and vehicles as required
- Proven and demonstrable experience in parks, outdoor venues or local authorities with processing event applications
- Experience in managing and creating health and safety paperwork and RAMS
- Strong drive to work with community groups
- Confidence and patience in advising first time event organisers
- Proficiency using a range of office software, including outlook, excel, booking software and databases
- Excellent written skills with a high level of confidence speaking to members of the public, other staff, clients and senior management
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects against tight deadlines
- Proactive approach and pride yourself on going the extra mile to create the best customer experience as possible
- Ability to work autonomously under the direction from senior team members
- Confident driver with a full clean driving licence
- Flexibility to work weekends, early mornings and late nights as required
- Knowledge of the Purple Guide and IOSH/NEBOSH/NCRQ H&S Qualification (desirable)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!