Location: Battersea Park
Contract Type: Casual (£12.61 per hour, inclusive of annual leave)
Closing date: 03 June 2021
Reporting to the Wedding & Functions Co-ordinator, the Events Assistant will assist with and support the delivery and operations of all events including weddings, functions and conferences, and any other events produced by the Events Team as a whole.
The role will focus on supporting the Weddings & Functions Co-ordinator in delivering memorable weddings and events for customers and ensuring that each event runs smoothly. This role will include early mornings and late nights, as well as weekend work. The Events Assistant will also be responsible for ensuring that health and safety procedures are adhered to when on site, and will be tasked with managing suppliers as they rig and derig their equipment for the day.
The Events Team are a very busy, creative, tight knit group of vibrant professionals who strive to challenge and innovate wherever we can. We are a team of “yes” people who work tirelessly to deliver our events to the highest standard and pride ourselves on going the extra mile. We are a supportive team and have a flexible and collaborative approach to our work.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at email@example.com.
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are currently operating digital recruitment and on-boarding processes.
- Assisting with the on the day set up and break down of weddings and functions and any other events as required by the Events Team
- Onsite delivery of events to include but not limited to customer service, organising suppliers, health and safety and guest management
- Supporting the Wedding & Functions Co-Ordinator to deliver weddings and functions and any other events delivered by the Events Team
- Having comprehensive knowledge of the venues including any restrictions, rules or limitations and are able to communicate these to clients, guests and suppliers
- Early mornings will involve managing and co-ordinating suppliers to ensure that they adhere to park rules and set up in a safe, secure and timely manner
- Late nights will involve managing guests to ensure that they leave the venue safely, whilst also co-ordinating and overseeing suppliers who are breaking down equipment
- Effectively communicating event handovers to the Weddings and Functions Co-Ordinator, including all important and relevant information
- Liaising with suppliers including availability checks, circulating briefings and schedules and general information enquiries
- Assisting the appointed site manager on events and assisting with the physical set up and dismantling of events, including liaising with contractors and suppliers and the distribution and return of events equipment / stores and vehicles as required
- Managing the Events Store and Depot and keeping them tidy, ensuring all equipment is returned safely and cleaned after use
- Proven experience of working on private events
- Confidence to work independently and take charge of any situations that may arise
- Experience of managing and communicating with suppliers
- Passion for creating and delivering unforgettable events
- Exceptionally high standards of customer service, attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally face to face with senior management, other staff, clients and members of the public
- Patience and ability to negotiate professionally with suppliers
- Hands on/ proactive onsite and pride yourself on going the extra mile to create the best event possible
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
- Hold a full manual UK driving licence
- Flexibility to work weekends, early mornings and late nights as required and able to manage your time accordingly
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!