Junior Finance Assistant
WHO WE ARE
Enable Leisure and Culture is a registered charity established in October 2015, employing approximately 300 staff, to manage leisure, sports, arts, and cultural services for Wandsworth Council. We’re an organisation committed to ‘doing things differently’, putting health, wellbeing and community at the center of everything we do.
Location: Battersea Park
Contract Type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Closing date: 1 August 2021
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We require a bright and enthusiastic person to join our small finance team to help with transactional processing of our accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at email@example.com.
Interviews are planned for W/C 2 August 2021
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are currently operating digital recruitment and on-boarding processes.
Regular duties would initially consist of, but not be limited to, the below. They will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they are in line with development needs.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing post
- Scan hard copy supplier invoices and save as pdfs
- Print and save electronic supplier invoices as pdfs
- Attach above pdfs to supplier accounts in Xero
- Convert purchase orders into invoices for the above suppliers in Xero
- Processing invoices, credit notes and resolving queries
- Send debtor statements via Xero
- Call debtors to follow up on overdue debts
- Raising sales invoices
- Entering New Suppliers onto Xero
- Maintain and update the contact information of suppliers in Xero
- Answer calls and take messages during team absences
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED
Ideally the successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar position, have a positive and confident manner and will need to manage their time responsibly, with consideration for team deadlines.
A friendly and approachable attitude, along with a polite telephone manner, is essential.
Previous experience using XERO desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Good knowledge of MS Excel and confident on MS office.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!