Do you want to work for an organisation whose aim is to enrich lives and strengthen communities? If so, Enable Leisure and Culture is recruiting a Dance Practitioner to support our Leisure Team.
Contract Type: Casual
Salary: From £21 per hour (depending on experience)
Closing date: 13 August 2021
Enable Leisure and Culture are looking to a number of enthusiastic and dedicated casual sports coaches to assist with the delivery of sports coaching in primary schools across the London Borough of Wandsworth.
You will provide schools with high-quality sports coaching in a variety of sports, which may include coaching during curriculum time and/or running extracurricular sports clubs.
Coaches should be confident in delivering a variety of sports to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils (4-11 years) of mixed ability. All applicants must have a level 2 coaching qualification in a recognised sport. It is highly desirable that applicants have qualifications in more than one sport, or have a multi-sports qualification and background.
At Enable we are committed to supporting the training and development of the coaches we work with, to ensure that schools receive a high standard of provision. First Aid and safeguarding courses will be provided, as well as Continuous Personal Development (CPD) for all coaches.
Working hours and days may vary.
Access to your own transport is essential as you will be required to work at a variety of schools in the area.
Enable are committed to ensuring the well being and safety of all the pupils and staff, and as such any successful application will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at email@example.com.
Responsible to the Sports Development Officer for planning and delivering dance lessons during curriculum time and/or as an extracurricular activity. This will involve visiting schools in and around the borough of Wandsworth.
- To teach high quality dance lessons to young people in Wandsworth, encouraging participation and the improvement of standards
- To coach Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 PE to the highest possible standard, as agreed with school and within the framework of the national curriculum and whole school policies and requirements.
- Reliable, energetic and enthusiastic with an ability to engage participants and tailor sessions depending on the participants.
- Plan, prepare and evaluate coaching sessions on a regular basis and identify and adopt most effective teaching approaches to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Provide regular communication to the responsible Sports Development Officer with details of the attendance and progress of the sessions.
- Required to regularly travel inside of the Borough either by driving, cycling or using public transport.
- Contribute to and take part in regular continuous professional development to meet the demands of the role.
- Attend and contribute to meetings/development time as required.
- Be aware of any sensitive information held by your section and ensure adherence to the information security policies and the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Adheres to the Enable’s Equal Opportunities policies with respect to the staff and public.
- Complies with Health and Safety legislation, to ensure safe working practices of all staff, public and contractors in his/her working environment, in accordance with Enable’s safety arrangements, policies and codes.
- To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children Act 2004 and Working Together in relation to the child protection and safeguarding children and young people. To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to your work role. To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- Where required complete any other duties needed to support the Sport and Physical Activity Team including contacting schools and other organizations to establish new sessions.
- Holds a minimum dance teacher/instructor qualification
- Experience of coaching young people of different ages and abilities to increase participation and develop pathways for talented athletes to flourish.
- Experience of working with targeted groups in the community, such as people with a disability.
- Experience of coaching small groups through to larger numbers or whole school classes
- Have a sound knowledge of the national curriculum of PE.
Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal skills to a high standard to work with partner organisations.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills for dealing with a range of sessions from young people, coaches and organisations.
- To be able to manage behaviour to ensure sessions are enjoyable and inclusive.
- Good standard of knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) packages and any other relevant IT based programmes to record and administer coaching programmes
- A knowledge and understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults and young people and its relevance to the role of Sports Development Officer demonstrating integrity at all times and a willingness to attend training as required
- Full current UK driving licence including ability to drive manual vehicles and ability to use own vehicle for work purposes or willingness to use other means for travelling to and from coaching sessions.
- Required to work evenings and weekends as necessary subject to seasonal variations and school timetables.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!