Do you want to work for an organisation whose aim is to enrich lives and strengthen communities? If so, Enable Leisure and Culture is recruiting a Gymnastics Coach to support our Leisure Team.
Contract Type: Casual
Salary: From £21 per hour (depending on experience)
Closing date: 13 August 2021
Enable Leisure and Culture are looking to a number of enthusiastic and dedicated casual sports coaches to assist with the delivery of sports coaching in primary schools across the London Borough of Wandsworth.
You will provide schools with high-quality sports coaching in a variety of sports, which may include coaching during curriculum time and/or running extracurricular sports clubs.
Coaches should be confident in delivering a variety of sports to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils (4-11 years) of mixed ability. All applicants must have a level 2 coaching qualification in a recognised sport. It is highly desirable that applicants have qualifications in more than one sport, or have a multi-sports qualification and background.
At Enable we are committed to supporting the training and development of the coaches we work with, to ensure that schools receive a high standard of provision. First Aid and safeguarding courses will be provided, as well as Continuous Personal Development (CPD) for all coaches.
Working hours and days may vary.
Access to your own transport is essential as you will be required to work at a variety of schools in the area.
Enable are committed to ensuring the well being and safety of all the pupils and staff, and as such any successful application will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at email@example.com.
Responsible for assisting in the coordination, and promotion of activities designed to increase participation in sport and physical activity and improve health and wellbeing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the operational delivery of the Active Lifestyles, Walk Wandsworth and Active Workplace programmes. Ensure that all programme procedures are followed.
- Comply with Enable’s financial procedures and processes including cash handling. Ensure that income from sessions is recorded and monitored and invoices are processed efficiently. Prepare monthly forecasts to the Health and Wellbeing Manager to review and report on.
- Deploy and supervise exercise professionals, coaches and volunteers appropriately to support the delivery of the Health and Wellbeing and Sport and Physical Activity Development team’s work programme.
- Support the production of promotional literature relating to the Health and Wellbeing and Sport and Physical Activity Development team’s work programme.
- Assists with the marketing of all services as necessary including attending events, creating press releases, taster sessions, and flyering.
- Plan and create social media content for all channels. Lead on the Enable Health and Wellbeing social media accounts.
- Attend relevant meetings with internal and external organisations, helping to develop partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders.
- Assists in managing resources provided to support the departments work including coaches, materials, and equipment ensuring these are used and maintained effectively.
- Input, and monitor information from Health and Wellbeing and Sport and Physical Activity Development sessions. Provide regular oral and written reports. Record key outcomes and indicators effectively to ensure reporting is accurate and delivered on time.
- Ensuring that the quality of service provided to the community is of a high standard. Assists with the consultation of participants, sports clubs, youth clubs and community organisations.
- Support the Health and Wellbeing and Sport and Physical Activity Development teams on other programmes such as the London Youth Games, the Get Active Wandsworth Festival and the Active Wandsworth Network.
- Evening and weekend working is required and this is subject to seasonal variations.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- To comply with all Enable’s Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct, and policies and procedures concerning data protection (including General Data Privacy Regulation) and health and safety.
- To be committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion for others, both colleagues and clients and maintain an awareness of the equality and diversity policies. To work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected and to report any instances of inappropriate behaviour or discrimination.
- To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children’s Act 2004, the London Child Protection Procedures and Working Together in relation to child protection and safeguarding children and young people as this applies to your role within the council.
- To be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to children and vulnerable adults in relation to your work role. To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Knowledge of physical activity or sports development sector including national, regional, and local strategy and policy.
- Knowledge of the benefits of physical activity and exercise.
- Knowledge of strategies for working with targeted groups to encourage participation in sport or physical activity.
- Experience of project management (desirable)
- Good ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and use of online monitoring systems.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of customers, organisations and partners.
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills. High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and deliver promotional events and activities.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written. Able to communicate with a range of different partners in a meaningful way.
- Able to monitor attendances, and other key performance indicators and report them as required.
- Able to meet customers’ needs and ensure customers and stakeholders receive an excellent service
- Able to work effectively with others in a team openly and collaboratively, valuing their differences creating a working environment which helps achieve goals
- Able to work unsupervised to agreed outcomes, meeting deadlines and within a targeted work environment.
- Able to behave ethically and professionally and achieve high levels of performance in self and others
- Ability to handle, record, and reconcile cash and income safely and responsibly in line with ELC procedures.
- Commitment to valuing equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
- Flexibility; able to work at multiple locations, and work hours required by post including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank/public holidays.
- Holds a valid UK driving license and can commute to various service locations across the borough as required (desirable)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!