Facilities Maintenance Officer
Closing date: 18 October 2020
Hours: Permanent (40 hours per week)
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000
Location: across Wandsworth
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Officer to be responsible for the general maintenance of the company’s sites, ensuring these are fit for purpose. Reporting to the Head of Parks and working as an integral part of the company, you will support the day to day running of the company ensuring that ongoing maintenance is carried out promptly and to the required standards. This will often involve multitasking and a variety of skills will need to be used.
- Responsible for the day to day management of property maintenance across all of Enable’s premises, assessing and prioritising works.
- To ensure that all issues of maintenance relating to health and safety are given a high priority including being proactive in addressing any other site risks or hazards, and alerted to the H&S committee as standard
- To liaise with Enable site managers for all premises matters
- To coordinate between Enable & Wandsworth Council’s facilities management and design services.
- Maintains a list of contractors covering all building trades and negotiates rates for works, ensuring best value at all times
- Ensures that all works carried out to Enable premises are properly logged on the provided system
- Provides assistance as required for the delivery of capital projects
- Develops and monitors PPM, Lifecycle and Reaction programmes
- Maintains any site area accreditations, e.g. Clubmark for sports tracks
- Responsible for the tendering and management of soft facilities management contracts e.g. general waste, recycling waste, window cleaning, PAT testing, fire extinguisher maintenance. Additionally, the pitch and surfaces annual contract.
- In conjunction with site managers, ensures that utility meter readings are collated and submitted to the council when required
- Is emergency keyholder for Enable sites
- Responsible for the management of Enable’s vehicle fleet, ensuring that road tax, MOTs and servicing take place when required
- Provides all necessary input to Enable’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint
- Undertakes other duties commensurate with the position as directed by the Senior Management Team.
You must be able to demonstrate the following (all essential unless stated)
- Knowledge and understanding of H&S issues relevant to the role
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good organisational skills – ability to complete tasks to deadlines
- Ability to negotiate desired outcomes (e.g. prices, deadlines)
- Experience of dealing with contractors
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!