Leisure Manager (maternity cover)
Location: Battersea Park
Contract Type: Fixed Term (40 hours per week) 6 Month maternity cover
Salary: £42,000 – £46,000
Closing date: 11 October 2020
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven person to join our team and provide opportunities for the community to live a happy, healthier lifestyle.
This is a 6-month maternity cover role leading on Leisure and Sport for Enable we are looking for an organised dynamic individual to support the service through these current times and drive forward projects to bring growth to the service. Leisure services comprises of 8 facilities and a sports development unit
- Ensure the consistent high quality, value for money, efficient and effective services, which comply with Enable Leisure and Cultures policies and statutory responsibilities as per contract with Wandsworth Council
- To regularly review the policy to ensure that it drives the business forward in line with the overall business plan and objectives.
- To take responsibility for putting together winning bids and proposals for new business activity achieving business growth.
Follow us on Linked In for job updates
- Effective management of sport services and sports development.
- The postholder will be responsible for developing the leisure facilities by gaining external funding.
- Lead on key projects as outlined in work plan to maximising usage and support growth.
- Assists in the direction, management and development of leisure services, including provision of outdoor sports facilities and related activities.
- Provide assistance in responding to Councillors, other Departments, the public and others for all matters concerning leisure and sport services and, in particular, the handling of complaints and requests for services.
- Reviews and monitors the delivery of a balanced and varied programme of activities and events aimed at increasing participation in sport and physical activity and maximising the use of sports facilities and offers suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure that the Services are provided in accordance with Enable Leisure & Cultures policies and plans, in particular, ensuring that performance targets and quality standards are met. Assists in reporting to Council committees, as necessary, on service performance, achievements and improvements.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of EC, Government and London policies, legislation, strategies and developments in respect of the management of all areas of the Services. Advise senior officers within the Department on all areas connected with the Services and ensure that reports are made to Committee, when required.
- Produce relevant reports and performance indicator information and other matters required by Government, the Mayor of London, the Council and the Department as, and when, required.
- To lead on new business development coordinating market scanning, bid writing, financial proposals presentations and client contact.
- To comply with all Enable Leisure & Culture Codes of practice, including the code of conduct, and policies and procedures concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To be committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion for others, both colleagues and clients; to work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected and to report any instances of inappropriate behaviour or discrimination.
- To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children’s Act 2004, the London Child Protection Procedures and Working Together in relation to child protection and safeguarding children and young people as this applies to your role within the council. To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to your work role. To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!