Active Wellbeing Support Officer
Location: Battersea Park
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 31 March 2022 – (Full Time – 40 Hours per week)
Salary: £22, 317 (ENSc4)
Closing date:22 November 2020
The Active Wellbeing programme is delivered in partnership with Brent, Wandsworth and Westminster Mind. The programme works with adults with severe mental health conditions and provides 1:1 exercise support from trained instructors. The role will encompass a wide range of duties to support the delivery of this programme. This includes processing new referrals, booking appointments, supporting exercise instructors, and monitoring and reporting outcomes monthly. The post holder will need to have an interest in mental health, be highly organised and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
The role is full time and based primarily in the Parks Office in Battersea Park. During Covid-19 pandemic, this role will be based mainly from home. We are also currently operating digital recruitment and on-boarding process.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Process new referrals to the service, updating databases, booking appointments and liaising with Active Wellbeing Coordinator and Instructors, and referrers.
- Maintain records and input data from sessions, assessments, and health information from referrers or other clinicians.
- Liaise with referrers, clients, coordinators, and instructors to ensure all information held is accurate and up to date.
- Use excellent customer service to deal with enquiries from a range of individuals and organisations including mental health service users, programme participants, and referrers.
- Support Exercise Instructors delivering Active Wellbeing sessions by booking facilities, identifying exit routes and organising meetings.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, community partners and clinical services who are involved in the programme.
- Assist in promoting the programme and encouraging clients to keep active through newsletters, attending events, social media.
- Organise and administrate Active Wellbeing team meetings and steering group meetings and other relevant meetings as required, including taking minutes.
- Support Coordinator to collate and report accurate data and KPI’s on a monthly basis. Assist in displaying information in an appropriate manner for the target audience e.g. presentations, written reports, verbal updates.
- Record and monitor statistics, measurements and questionnaire feedback relevant to the programme on the Views online monitoring system. Work with Active Wellbeing Coordinator to display this in an appropriate manner for the target audience e.g. presentations, written reports, verbal updates.
- To comply with all of Enable Leisure and Culture Codes of practice, including the code of conduct, and policies and procedures concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To be committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion for others, both colleagues and clients; to work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected and to report any instances of inappropriate behaviour or discrimination.
- Ensure patient referral data is kept securely in line with data protection best practice guidelines and Enable LC’s procedures.
- To be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to children and vulnerable adults in relation to your work role. To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding.
- Required to work across multiple sites within Wandsworth as part of a usual working week.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Required to regularly travel inside and outside of the borough either by driving cycling or using public transport. Required to drive Enable’s vehicles both in and outside the borough when appropriate.
- Experience of project or programme administration including data inputting and basic monitoring of attendances.
- Knowledge of the benefits of physical activity and exercise on mental health
- Experience of working with people with mental health conditions (desirable)
- Good ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and use of online monitoring systems.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of customers, organisations and partners.
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills. High level of attention to detail.
- Very good communication skills, verbal and written. Able to communicate with a range of different partners in a meaningful way.
- Able to monitor attendances, and other key performance indicators and report them as required.
- Able to meet customers’ needs and ensure customers and stakeholders receive an excellent service
- Able to work effectively with others in a team openly and collaboratively, valuing their differences creating a working environment which helps achieve goals
- Able to work unsupervised to agreed outcomes, meeting deadlines and within a targeted work environment.
- Able to behave ethically and professionally and achieve high levels of performance in self and others
- Commitment to valuing equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
- Flexibility; able to work at multiple locations, and work hours required by post including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank/public holidays.
- Holds a valid UK driving license and is able to commute to various service locations across the borough as required (desirable)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
- And more!