Wandsworth Artists’ Open House
Wandsworth Council presents Wandsworth Artists’ Open House, a convenient and affordable annual exhibition opportunity for all creative makers in Wandsworth to show and sell work from their home or studio. It’s also a chance for everyday art lovers to take a rare glimpse at the hidden creative talent behind the front doors in their neighbourhood.
Every October, Wandsworth artists invite you into their homes and creative spaces. It is an excellent chance to meet artists and makers and browse and buy art without paying gallery prices.
Wandsworth Artists’ Open House is a great way to meet artists in an informal and relaxed setting. It can be a real magical mystery tour around your own local patch, with a fantastic and surprising range of artworks on show. You may discover artists demonstrating special techniques or offering hands-on making activities for the whole family. From working studios, garden sheds and front rooms you are guaranteed a warm reception and a great day out.
Wandsworth Artists’ Open House is brought to you by Enable Leisure and Culture on behalf of Wandsworth Council. The event is run in partnership with participating artists from each of the five trails: Battersea, Putney, Southfields, Tooting & Furzedown, and Wandsworth Town.
Wandsworth Artists’ Open House & Royal College of Art: Bursary opportunity for 16-25 year old artists
Wandsworth Artists’ Open House are teaming up with the Royal College of Art (RCA) again to offer five bursaries to young artists and makers aged 16 to 25 who want to take part in the event in October 2019.
Recipients of the bursaries will receive:
- Free registration to WAOH (RCA will pay the fee of £75 per artist)
- A mentoring session with a Royal College of Art staff or student in their chosen discipline (e.g. Painting, Photography)
- All five bursars will exhibit together in the RCA’s Dyson Gallery in Battersea, over the WAOH weekends (5 & 6, 12 & 13 October 2019)To be eligible for a bursary, you must:
- be aged between 16–25 on 1st October 2019
- currently live, work or study in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- have at least five pieces of existing artwork that you can exhibit (any medium)
- be available over all WAOH weekend dates (5 & 6, 12 & 13 October 2019)
- Not have taken part in Wandsworth Artists’ Open House before
- The bursaries are not open to RCA students or alumni
How to apply
Please complete the application form on WAOH-RCA bursary Application Form and return it to BOTH Project Managers with the subject WAOH RCA Bursary to:
Lelia Greci from Enable Leisure and Culture on LGreci@enablelc.org
Hannah Lambert from the Royal College of Art on email@example.com
Alternatively, feel free to send us a video describing:
- Your name, age and a few words about yourself
- Where you live, work or study in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- About your practice: what do you make and how
- About the mentoring opportunity: what specific area of your practice you would like support with
- A high resolution image of recent work
Key dates 2019
7 June Applications open
30 June Applications close at midnight
5 July Awards announced
15 July Registration deadline
(every participating artist must register on the WAOH website)
5-6 and 12-13 Oct Wandsworth Artists’ Open House