Active Wandsworth Awards 2022
Nominations are now open for the 2022 Active Wandsworth Awards. The Awards exist to recognise and reward the Wandsworth community for their talent, commitment and dedication in inspiring others to get active and stay active. If this sounds like somebody you know please complete the nomination form by 15 January 2023. For support on your nomination, please read our nominations pack.
In their 25 year history the awards have recognised hundreds of amazing local people in that time and crowned some exceptional athletes including England rugby star Kyle Sinckler and Olympic athletes Katie Snowden and Steph Davis.
The Awards celebrate and acknowledge the talented local sports people, coaches, volunteers, schools, organisations and clubs for their dedication and personal commitment to helping local people achieve their goals. These dedicated people work across the borough everyday and make a huge difference across the Wandsworth community.
Have you been inspired to become more active, or has someone removed barriers to make physical activity a reality for you? Maybe you know someone who simply makes grassroots sport happen, or who has been incredibly successful in their own sport in 2022?
Check out the 10 award categories below:
- Club/Organisation of the year
- The Mayor’s Award
- Volunteer of the Year (new nominations only)
- Young Volunteer of the Year (new nominations only)
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport / Physical Activity (new nominations only)
- Physical Activity Project of the Year (sponsored by Enable)
- Active School of the Year
- Coach / Instructor of the Year
- Junior Sports Person of the Year (17 and under as of 31 December 2022)
- Sports Person of the Year (18 and over as of 31 December 2022) (sponsored by Places Leisure)
Winners will be awarded at the annual ceremony taking place on Friday 3 March hosted by reporter, journalist and Sky Sports TV Presenter Emma Paton at the Civic Suite, Wandsworth.
To shine the spotlight on your deserving nominee and make them a contender for this fantastic accolade please complete the nomination form by Sunday 15th January. For support on your nomination, please read our nominations pack.