Stone wall plaques
Memorial name: Stone wall plaque
Lease terms: One or seven years
Location of memorial: Rear of Crematorium building
Options: Three line or six line plaques
Availability: Good availability
Description: Housed in the recordia room at the rear of the crematorium building these plaques are available on an annual or seven year lease with the option for a small photo plaque or posy holder if you wish
7′ x 3′ plaque (single)
Purchase and setup: £144
1 years lease: £24*
7 years lease: £168
7′ x 5′ plaque (double)
Purchase and setup: £252
1 years lease: £28*
7 years lease: £196
Photo plaque: £95
Posy holder: £46
*You may pay for this memorial annually by direct debit. See ‘how to apply’ for more information.
All prices valid until 31st December 2019.
Download the Recordia room plaque application form
1. Fill in the applicant section at the top of page 1.
2. Please read the terms and conditions and sign the form.
3. On page 1 tick the box next to the type of plaque you require. Please note the number of lines of inscription that are available for that memorial.
4. Fill in the grid using the maximum number of lines instructed for the chosen memorial. Please use one box in the grid for each letter, space, comma and full stop etc.
5. The name of the deceased must be placed on its own line and be no longer than 18 letters.
6. Do not worry about centring the text as this will be done for you.
7. For bronze or stone plaques please indicate if you would like a photo plaque or posy holder. An additional fee is payable for these or a motif (no extra fee). Examples of available motifs are available at the office or at www.enablelc.org.
8. A proof will be sent to you and will need to be agreed prior to the plaque being made. Fees are payable before manufacture.
How to pay
1. You need not pay anything yet. Once you have agreed and accepted the proof we will ask for payment which can be made by cheque payable to ‘Enable Leisure and Culture’ or you may pay by credit/debit card.
2. You will need to pay the ‘purchase and setup fee’ as stated in the current pricelist. Then add the fee for the lease you wish to add – either 1 or 7 years.
3. If you wish to pay annually you can do this by direct debit. In which case please fill in a direct debit mandate form. Your first years lease will be taken from your account on the first day of the month following the installation of your plaque/memorial and the first day of that month each year thereafter.
4. Memorial leases are renewable each year or every seven years. We will write to you one month prior to the renewal date.
1. Once approved by the applicant please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and placement in the Recordia room. The lease term starts from the date the memorial is installed.
2. Inscriptions can be refused if deemed inappropriate or unsuitable.
3. We reserve the right to alter the layout of an inscription to suit continuity or to cater for artwork, photo plaques or drill holes. Where possible these changes will be reflected on the proof.
4. The purchase and setup fee is payable before any work is commissioned.
5. It is the applicants responsibility to notify the office of any change of address. This must be done on the official form available from the office or from www.enablelc.org. The council and/or its contractor hold no responsibility for a lease being terminated and plaques removed and disposed of where there has been no notification of a change of address.
6. Where a memorial is not renewed the plaque will be removed and disposed of but not before two letters of renewal have been sent to the applicant at his/her registered address. Please observe point 5 above.
7. All memorials including their surrounds and fixings remain the property of Wandsworth council and/or its contractor however should the applicant cancel a memorial he/she may collect the plaque from the office in person upon giving reasonable notice. Plaques will not be placed in the post.
8. Freshly cut flowers without any wrappings may be placed in the Recordia room below the bronze/stone plaques in the vases provided for that purpose. Staff periodically remove flowers deemed past their best without notice.
9. If a posy holder is provided this may be used for a couple of freshly cut flowers only. No other items are permitted to be placed on or attached in any way to a plaque or its surround. Unauthorised items will be removed and disposed of without notice.