Catering and alcohol

Catering and alcohol

Can we bring in our own caterers?

Yes, the catering surcharge covers this. However, the responsibility for vacating the kitchen on time (that’s the finish time booked for the event) and leaving it in a clean condition rests with the person who made the booking.

In either case you would be in breach of the terms and conditions of hire and liable to lose your deposit.

We recommend these conditions be taken into account when booking your caterer.

Can outside caterers bring in their own cooking equipment?

Electrical equipment is acceptable (excluding cooking equipment), provided it meets all health and safety standards and is in good condition. Gas equipment is not permitted.

Can we bring in our own alcohol?

Yes, the catering surcharge covers events where complimentary (free) alcohol is being served. Please note we do not supply a bar service.

However, the following requirements are necessary for events where alcohol is being sold, or if alcohol is included in the cost of a ticket:

    • A Personal Licence holder is required to be on the premises for the duration of the period alcohol is sold in the building.
    • The Personal Licence holder is required to supply written confirmation that s/he will be present on the premises for the duration of the event, and to include confirmation that all staff under his/her control are fully trained. Please address the letter to:
Tina Bridge
Civic Suite
Town Hall
London SW18 2PU

Email with attachments

Please include:

        • A photocopy of the credit card-sized Personal Licence
        • A photocopy of the paper part of the Personal Licence

Does the Civic Suite provide catering services, crockery and cutlery hire, decorations etc?

No, but for bookings made with us we can supply a list of the service suppliers who have used our premises in the past. This is simply a guide and not a recommendation.

Enable accepts no responsibility or liability for services provided by these suppliers.