Filming in Wandsworth
Please contact the Film Office to discuss your shoot before submitting an application through Apply4
Filming on the Street
- All applications for on street filming require a minimum of five clear working days. Please contact the Film Office to discuss your enquiry before submitting an application.
- If any of the below is relevant to your application, please contact the Film Office in the first instance as you may require a longer lead time:
- If your filming involves night filming, stunts, weapons, fire, smoke or any police presence you may require a longer lead time than previously stated.
- Any production filming in the Borough of Wandsworth that would like to place any equipment on either the public highway or on a parking bay that they have suspended, must apply for a non-excavation permit through the Wandsworth Highways Department.
- Traffic management.
Filming in Other Locations
- All applications for Filming across the borough requires a minimum of seven clear working days. Please contact the Film Office to discuss your enquiry before submitting an application.
- If your filming involves housing estates, unit basing, night filming, stunts, weapons, fire, smoke or any police presence you may require a longer lead time then previously stated.
- Parking Suspensions Plans MUST be discussed with the Film Office at the earliest opportunity. Large parking suspensions requests (more than six bays) require a site meeting and approval from various departments.
- All applications require a minimum of 10 clear working days for suspension requests. The day of submission is not included in the clear working days and excludes weekends and bank holidays.
- To suspend all forms of restricted or controlled parking for filming, please highlight your requirements when you apply to film, including a diagram and parking plan.
- Payment for approved suspension requests must be received at least five clear working days before the date of suspension. If payment is not received your suspension request will be cancelled.
- Find out about Wandsworth Council’s bay suspension and yellow line waiver charges.
- Small shoots (under 10 people) can apply directly to the Film Office for parking permits at short notice (three working days minimum). The maximum number of permits that will be issued to one production is five per day.
- These permits are valid for vans and cars only
- Both forms below need to be submitted to the Films Office alongside an application form.
Charges for filming and photography on council property.
The following are guidelines of the hourly rates charged based on cast and crew size (all prices are subject to VAT)
- Photography: £116.70 – £152.30
- TV: £152.30 – £309.60
- Commercial and Feature Film: £203 – £761.30
The following are guidelines of the daily rate (12 hours) charged based on cast and crew size (all prices are subject to VAT)
- Photography: £1,116.50 – £1,471.80
- TV: £1,471.80 – £2,791.30
- Commercial and Feature Film: £1,979.30 – £7,079.60
Student rates are negotiated after an initial enquiry.
Additional admin fees may apply.
For full guidance, please see the Film London Code of Practice and the Government website.