Battersea Park Fireworks 2018
Saturday 3 November 2018, Battersea Park, SW11 4NJ
Book in your friends and family as Wandsworth Council’s Battersea Park Fireworks is back on Saturday 3 November 2018, to light up the skies of Wandsworth. Award-winning pyro-technicians, Jubilee Fireworks will be bringing a spectacular show lasting 22 minutes.
Head over to Circus West Village at Battersea Power Station before or after the fireworks to enjoy one of the many new restaurants, bars and cafes now open in this exciting new riverside quarter. There is something for all the family to enjoy plus you’ll also be able to hop on and off the MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus at the Battersea Power Station Pier.
Gates open at 6pm and the bonfire is lit at 7.30pm by Councillor Piers McCausland Mayor of Wandsworth. Fireworks start at 8pm, there is no entry after 8pm.
Tickets for the event sell out in advance and are only available online from Monday 3 September, 5pm, click here to buy your tickets.
There are limited Super Early Bird and Early Bird offers so it’s best to book as quickly as possible to avoid missing out.
Super Early Bird: £7.00 + booking fee SOLD OUT
Early Bird: £8.50 + booking fee SOLD OUT
Children aged 10 and under go free but must have a ticket – these can be booked online when purchasing an adult ticket.
There are lots of restaurants and bars now open at Battersea Power Station, just a few minutes walk away from Battersea Park, so you can enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or drinks both before and after the fireworks.
Order an all day brunch at The CoffeeWorks Project, take the family to Mother for sourdough pizza or dig into delicious Japanese dishes at Tonkotsu. For riverside dining, book a table at Fiume or Wright Brothers, or enjoy drinks and small plates at No.29 Power Station West or Vagabond Wines.
Why not make a day of your visit before the show and go spinning at Boom Cycle, get a treatment at Paul Edmonds salon and shop the aisles at The Battersea General Store? To find out more about what’s open next door, visit Circus West Village. For information on how to get to Battersea Power Station, go to batterseapowerstation.co.uk/FindUs.
Plan your journey in advance: www.tfl.gov.uk
Tube: Sloane Square Underground Station (District and Circle Lines)
Battersea Park Station and Queenstown Road Station (National Rail )
Buses 19, 44, 49, 137, 170, 319, 344, 345, 452
Arrive in style with river travel to Battersea Park Fireworks
Travel by river with MBNA Thames Clippers, the fastest and most frequent fleet on the river. Services run between central London and the brand new pier at Battersea Power Station every 30 minutes on their RB2 route. Just 15 minutes from Embankment Pier.
After the fireworks MBNA Thames Clippers will run an enhanced service, with a dedicated shuttle every 15 minutes from Battersea Power Station Pier to London Eye and Embankment piers until 2300.
Find out more and book click here.
Access to the event and getting here
Battersea Park (SW11) will be closed from 3pm on Saturday 3 November 2018. Gates open at 6pm for pre-show entertainment along with food and drink stalls. The bonfire is lit at 7.30pm and the firework display starts at 8pm. There is no entry after 8pm.
The following roads will be closed to vehicle access from 5.00pm until approximately 9.30pm on Saturday 3 November 2018:
- Albert Bridge
- Albert Bridge Road between Albert Bridge and Prince of Wales Drive
- Parkgate Road between Albert Bridge Road and Battersea Bridge Road
- Prince of Wales Drive between Albert Bridge Road and Queen’s Circus
- Lurline Gardens at its junction with Meath Street
Address: Battersea Park, SW11 4NJ
There will be no parking available on site. Please use public transport where possible.
Ensure you leave plenty of time for arrival as there will be heavy traffic in the area due to the road closures. Plan your journey in advance with TFL Journey Planner www.tfl.gov.uk
- Sloane Square Underground Station (Tube)
- Battersea Park Station (National Rail)
- Queenstown Road Station (National Rail)
- Buses: 19, 44, 49, 137, 170, 319, 344, 345, 452
- Entry to the Park will be via Albert Gate, Chelsea Gate, Rosery Gate, Sun Gate and Alexandra Gate
This is a ticketed event.
Tickets are only available online at www.enablelc.org/fireworks.
There will be no tickets available at the door.
Super Early Bird: £7.00 + booking fee
Early Bird: £8.50 + booking fee
Standard: £10.00 + booking fee
Children aged 10 and under go free but must have a ticket – these can be booked online when purchasing an adult ticket. Up to six child tickets can be booked when purchasing an adult ticket.
Proof of age may be required.
Tickets can either be printed or shown on your smart phone.
How old is an adult?
Adult tickets are required for those aged 11 years or over.
Child tickets are free and are required for those 10 years old and younger. ID may be required for adults (18 and over). Please note that we operate a Challenge 25 policy on all of our bars.
Disabled Access and Tickets
You can buy a general admission ticket to Wandsworth Council’s Battersea Park Fireworks 2018 for persons 11 years and older. If you require a free Personal Assistant (PA) ticket to allow someone to accompany you and/or you require access to the disabled viewing area please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach proof of eligibility.
Automatic proof of eligibility includes;
- Front page of DLA
- PIP (no specific rate)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
- Credibility’s Access Card
Applications without the recommended evidence will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please do not buy a ticket for your Personal Assistant as this will NOT be refunded if you are approved for a Personal Assistant ticket through our application process.
Purchasing a Disabled Ticket does not guarantee that a Personal Assistant ticket will be issued.
Please let us know if you require access to the disabled viewing platform by emailing email@example.com by 1pm, Thursday 1 November to secure your place.
There are limited first come first served blue badge parking spaces on Prince of Wales Drive.
There is strict no refund policy. There will be no entry to the park after 8pm.
Can I leave the Park and come back in?
There is no re-entry onto the event site. There will be no entry to the park at all after 8pm.
Will the event be affected by unfortunate weather circumstances?
Unless advised by the local authority, the event will go ahead in all weather conditions.
Enable Leisure and Culture reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the event times or alter the programme due to adverse weather conditions or other factors. Tickets are non-refundable.
How do I find the most up to date information on Battersea Park Fireworks?
For all the latest Battersea Park Fireworks information follow us on social media and take a look at our website: www.enablelc.org/fireworks
Facebook: Enable Events
Can I bring my own food and/or drink?
No food or alcoholic drinks are permitted to be brought into the site. Bottled water is allowed. Bag searches are a condition of entry and will take place at all entrance points. There are a wide variety of food traders who cater to all dietary requirements, as well as a number of well stocked bars.
Will there be bars selling alcohol?
Yes, there will be a number of bars serving a range of alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks and water. Challenge 25 will be in place.
Do all the stalls and traders accept card and are there cash facilities onsite?
This is a cash only event. Please bring cash with you as there are no cash facilities onsite.
Are there toilets onsite?
There are lots of toilets on site; this includes wheelchair accessible and baby changing facilities.
Do you have bicycle lock-ups?
We do not allow bicycles into the event. There are limited bicycle lock-up railings outside the park.
Are there any strobe lights?
No, the event does not contain strobe lights.
Are dogs allowed?
No pets or animals are allowed on site apart from Assistance Dogs.
All lost property will go to the Information Point during and after the event.
Due to the size of the event anything found will be kept in the Staff Yard (Battersea Park) with the Parks Police. Customers can call Parks Police to check if items have been handed in on 0208 871 7532.
Battersea Park is surrounded by residential housing. Please respect our neighbours by leaving quietly and taking your litter home with you.
What security is place?
There are CCTV cameras within the event site and park. The Parks and Events Police are equipped with body worn cameras.
Lost or found children can be reported to a Steward, Parks and Events Police or at the Information Point. Parents/Guardians, please ensure your child has your mobile number so we can call you, should you become separated.
Bag checks are a condition of entry. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to;
- Glass Bottles
Please observe instructions given by the stewards, security and Parks and Events Police. Please notify the Information Point or Steward if you notice anything unsafe or suspicious.
First aid will be on site and sign posted, visit the Information Point or contact a Steward or Parks and Events Police if first aid assistance required. Information and assistance can be found at the Info Point.
Make sure you have a pre-arranged meeting point for friends and family if you get separated.
For more information please visit the website www.enablelc.org and sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with what’s going on.
All our Terms and Conditions can be found at www.enablelc.org/fireworks
If you have a query which has not yet been answered, please contact our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The “Organiser” is Enable Leisure and Culture, a company incorporated in England and Wales company number 09487276, and registered with the Charity Commission (no. 1172345) and with registered offices at Battersea Park Offices, Battersea Park, London SW11 4NJ.
2. These terms and conditions shall relate to Battersea Park Fireworks 2018 event (the “Event”).
3. By purchasing an Event ticket and/or attending the Event using a ticket (a “Ticket”), the Ticket holder agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein.
4. Any promotional offers are for ‘Standard’ tickets to the event. Promotional offers are at the Organiser’s discretion.
5. A valid Ticket entitles the holder to attend the Event on the relevant date and at the relevant times as stated on the Ticket. There is no admittance to the Event after 20:00 hours. The Organisers have the right to refuse entry to late arrivals and no refunds for late arrival shall be granted.
6. Child Tickets (children aged 0 – 10 years of age inclusive) are free and all children must have a ticket to gain entry to the Event, including babes in arms. A Child Ticket is only valid for children aged 10 and under at the time of the Event.
7. Babes in arms (under 1 years old) are categorized as a ‘Child’ are admitted free of charge and must have a Child Ticket. All children must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over holding a valid Ticket at all times.
8. A maximum of six children per adult shall be permitted.
9. Ticket holders attending the Event with Child Ticket holders confirm that they are either the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian of the child for whom the Child Ticket has been purchased.
10. Tickets shall not be resold, exchanged, or transferred. To do so, or to alter or deface any Ticket, will render it void.
11. Tickets can be printed or displayed on a smart phone.
12. It is the Ticket holder’s responsibility to check the date, time and venue of his/ her Ticket, as mistakes cannot always be rectified. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen Tickets.
13. Tickets shall not be used as prizes in competitions without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
14. No refund shall be made if the Ticket holder is late, refused entry, evicted from the Event, unable to attend or has purchased an incorrect ticket.
15. Tickets are sold subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange Tickets.
16. Should the Event be postponed, a Ticket holder may be refunded if they are no longer able to attend the Event on a new date, however no additional expenditure incurred by the Ticket holder shall be refunded to the Ticket holder.
17. Should the Event be cancelled by the Organiser, the Ticket holder shall be entitled to a full refund of the Ticket price but no refund shall be given in respect to any other expenditure whatsoever. Ticket refunds may be claimed for up to 30 days after the cancelled Event. If the Event is cancelled due to Force Majeure, no refund of the Ticket price or any additional expenditure shall be refunded to the Ticket holder.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond the Organiser’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism (or the threat thereof), fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, storm, third party injunction, national defense requirements and/or acts of national or local governments. The Organiser shall not be liable for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
18. Occasionally, inclement weather can disrupt an open-air event. Any decision to cancel the Event shall be taken by the Organiser. No refund shall be made if the Event starts, but is later abandoned.
19. On entry, the Ticket holder agrees to accept and abide by any Event rules of the Organiser and any other regulations provided on entry to the Event.
VOID TICKETS & REFUSAL OF ENTRY/ EJECTION
20. The Organiser operates the ‘Challenge 25’ policy with regards to the purchase of alcohol.
21. Any breach of the Terms and Conditions shall render the Ticket void and result in refusal of entry to the Event or ejection from the Event. The Organiser reserves the right to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors and refuse admission to any Ticket holder who is deemed to be a risk to the safety of visitors. The Organiser shall be entitled to remove anyone from the Event who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who, in the reasonable opinion of the Organiser, is conducting themselves in a manner unconducive to their continued attendance at the Event. Any Ticket holder removed from the Event shall not be readmitted. Re-entry to the Event shall only be permitted at the Organiser’s entire discretion.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
21. No food or alcohol shall be brought into the Event. Without exception, no glass bottles or other glass vessels shall be brought into the Event. Bag searches shall be a condition of entry.
22. Bicycles and bulky items, including large luggage items, are prohibited at the Event. There are no lockers or cloakrooms available at the Event.
23. Fireworks, sparklers, glass and animals are prohibited at the Event, with the exception of Assistance Dogs.
24.All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with the Organiser and any material filmed or recorded at the Event shall only be used for the personal, non-profit making enjoyment of amateurs. By entering the Event, Ticket holders consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending the Event, and for their likeness, mannerisms and/or voice to be included in any content from such filming, photographs and/or recording (and edited) without compensation and/or credit, which content may be communicated and/or exploited in any and all media worldwide in all perpetuity.
25. The Organiser, its contractors or agents, shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused to the bearer of a Ticket, save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its contractors or agents or any other liabilities that cannot be excluded by law.
There are CCTV cameras within the Event and Battersea Park. Parks and Events Police will be present at the Event and will be equipped with body worn cameras.
SEVERABILITY & VARIATION
27. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time when deemed reasonable and necessary to do so. Ticket holders are responsible for checking the Terms and Conditions that apply to the Event. The Organiser shall make all reasonable endeavours to put an alert on the Event website www.enablelc.org/fireworks if the Terms and Conditions have been amended.
28. If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
29. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and those bound by them hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection herewith.
Enable Leisure and Culture (the “Organiser”), August 2017
If you have questions around tickets that you have purchased, please visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/support
Wandsworth Council and Enable Events would like to thank you for joining us at Battersea Park Fireworks 2017. We would also like to thank our sponsor, Battersea Power Station, for fuelling our event.
We hope to see you again next year for another night of igniting the skies of Wandsworth.
Wandsworth Council’s Battersea Park Fireworks is managed and delivered by Enable Events Team, fuelled by Battersea Power Station.