Please note that ‘Magnet Fishing’ is NOT permitted in any of the open water spaces in Wandsworth. Fishing Licences only permit ‘normal’ rod and line fishing. If you witness any one using this technique, please contact the Parks Police on 020 8871 7532 or email email@example.com.
If you have received your 2018 – 2019 fishing application form, please complete the form and return via post to the address specified in the form.
Please note, the parks office will only accept completed fishing application forms Wednesdays to Fridays between 10 am and 4 pm. If you have not received an application form and would like to apply for a permit please download the application form below and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Battersea Park lake fishing area
- Wandsworth Common lake – southern basin
- Tooting Common main lake
The fishing season runs from 16 June to 14 March inclusive. We are currently in our closed season where no fishing is permitted at any of our lakes. The season will commence 16 June 2018.
Applications for permits may be made one month in advance of the season reopening – see below.
How to get a fishing permit
To fish in any of the above three waters you must have an Enable Leisure & Culture Fishing Permit. If you are aged 12 or over, it’s a national requirement that you also have a UK fishing rod licence.
To get a fishing permit for our lakes please email:
Or write to us: Fishing Permits Parks Office, Staff Yard Battersea Park London SW11 4NJ
- a photocopy of your current Environment Agency rod licence (note that if you are old enough to be required to hold a rod licence, we will not issue a permit without proof of rod licence)
- a cheque made payable to Enable Leisure & Culture or cash for the correct amount
- two passport sized photos
And, if you’re applying for a concessionary price, please also include:
- proof of age for the junior or senior concessions, or
- proof of disability for the disability concession
Proof of disability includes:
- Front page of DLA
- PIP (no specific rate)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
- Credibility’s Access Card
Please note that bus passes and Blue Badge parking permits are not accepted as proof of disability.
Ages and prices
From June 2018 to March 2019 season, the prices are:
- adult £92.00 per season
- senior (65 years and over) £67.00
- junior (under 16) £49.00
- people with a registered disability £49.00
Download an application form, and terms and conditions.
For information on Environment Agency rod licences visit, or enquire at your local post office.