Until further notice, we have adapted the locations where fishing is permitted during the Covid-19 crisis in order to assist anglers to achieve social distancing. If and when we make changes to these locations, we will contact everyone who has purchased a 20/21 permit to inform you.
- Wandsworth common main lake – from the fishing platforms on the southern basin only. One angler per platform until further notice
- Tooting common main lake – from the fishing platforms. One angler per platform until further notice
Please note there will be no fishing allowed at Battersea Park until further notice.
At the current time we are only able to accept applications submitted by email or post. Our offices are not open to the public and we cannot accept face to face or telephone applications for permits. It may take us up to two weeks to process your application once we receive it and then please allow further time for delivery – your permit will be posted to you.
Due to current circumstances, we are accepting payment by bank transfer only. Bank details are available on the application form, you must have your name and ‘Fishing Permit’ as the reference.
The dates for the 2020/2021 fishing season are Tuesday 16 June 2020 and Sunday 14 March inclusive.
We only permit coarse fishing on our waters. Magnet fishing and fly fishing is not permitted. Our lakes are multi-functional and are not managed solely as fisheries. We maintain mixed stocks with Perch, Roach, Gudgeon, Bream, Mirror Carp, Common Carp and Pike in our waters.
All our lakes are accessible to members of the public during the times fishing is permitted and whilst we may ask them to respect the space allocated to anglers, anglers do not have exclusive use of these areas.
Our greenspaces and our lakes are extremely popular with all visitors so you will almost certainly be unable to fish in isolated tranquility. Our lakes also support biodiversity with each hosting emergent and submerged vegetation along with aquatic invertebrates and waterfowl, so we expect anglers to be mindful of avoiding damage to these habitats and to make efforts to prevent lines and litter being left on site.
We operate an annual close season to allow lake wildlife to breed with minimised disturbance. If you would like to fish on our waters between Tuesday 16 June 2020 and Sunday 14 March inclusive, we recommend you read the Terms and Conditions you will be asked to agree to before buying a Wandsworth Council Fishing Permit.
How to get a fishing permit
In order to fish in any of the above three waters you must have a Wandsworth Council Fishing Permit. By purchasing the permit, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions issued to you at all times and to observe all Byelaws for the sites.
To get a fishing permit for our lakes for this season we can only accept written / emailed applications please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject “fishing permit application” or write to us at:
Fishing Permits, Parks Office, Staff Yard, Battersea Park, London, SW11 4NJ
You must enclose the following otherwise your application will not be processed:
- A completed application form for a fishing permit
- A bank transfer to the details on the application form, with your name and ‘Fishing Permit’ as the reference.
- Two passport sized photos
- If you are aged 13 or over, a photocopy of your current Environment Agency Rod License (post office receipt is not acceptable as proof of license). Please refer to the official Government guidelines.
Pricing for 2020/2021
Due to current circumstances, we are accepting payment by bank transfer only. Bank details are available on the application form. you must have your name and ‘Fishing Permit’ as the reference.
- adult £100.00 per season
- senior (age 65 and over) £72.50
- junior (age under 16) £53.00
- people with disabilities £53.00
If you are applying for a concessionary price, please also include:
- proof of age for the junior or senior concessions, or
- proof of disability for the disability concession
Proof of disability includes:
- Front page of DLA
- PIP (no specific rate)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognized Assistance Dog ID card
- Credibility’s Access Card
Please note that bus passes and Blue Badge parking permits are not accepted as proof of disability.
For information on Environment Agency rod licenses visit https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences, call 0344 800 5386 or ask at your local post office.
Battersea Park lake fishing area
Central Ave, London SW11 4BE, UK
Wandsworth Common lake - southern basin
3 Routh Rd, London SW18 3SW, UK
Tooting Common main lake
Dr Johnson Ave, London SW17 8JU, UK