- Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9am and 12pm
- Wednesdays between 8am and 11am
If you come in person in our office, please note that you need to have the exact money with you alongside with the completed application form and relevant accompanying documentation. We are unable to issue you a permit on the spot – your permit will be posted to you at a later date.
There are three places to fish in Wandsworth:
• Battersea Park lake fishing area
• Wandsworth Common lake – southern basin
• Tooting Common main lake
Applications for permits may be made one month in advance of the season reopening. Please see below for details on how to apply.
How to get a fishing permit
To fish in any of the above three waters you must have an Enable Leisure & Culture Fishing Permit. If you are aged 12 or over, it’s a national requirement that you also have a UK fishing rod licence.
If you are unable to download the application form please provide us with your postal address at email@example.com and we will post the form to you, or write to us: Fishing Permits Parks Office, Staff Yard Battersea Park London SW11 4NJ.
Documents to enclose:
- a photocopy of your current Environment Agency rod licence (post office receipt is not accepted) NB. If you are old enough to be required to hold a rod licence, we will not issue a permit without proof of rod licence
- a cheque made payable to Enable Leisure & Culture or cash for the correct amount
- two passport sized photos
- And, if you’re applying for a concessionary price, please also include:
- proof of age for the junior or senior concessions, or
- proof of disability for the disability concession
- proof of disability includes:
• Front page of DLA
• PIP (no specific rate)
• Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
• Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
• Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
• Credibility’s Access Card
Please note that bus passes and Blue Badge parking permits are not accepted as proof of disability.
Dates and Prices
From June 2019 to March 2020 season, the prices are:
• adult £96.00 per season
• senior (65 years and over) £69.50
• junior (under 16) £51.00
• people with a registered disability £51.00
Download an application form and relevant documentation
For information on Environment Agency rod licences visit https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences, or enquire at your local post office.
Please note that ‘Magnet Fishing’ is NOT permitted in any of the open water spaces in Wandsworth. Fishing Licences only permit ‘normal’ rod and line fishing. If you witness anyone using this technique, please contact the Parks Police on their patrolling mobile 075 0095 9442 or landline 020 8871 7532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battersea Park lake fishing area
Central Ave, London SW11 4BE, UK
Wandsworth Common lake - southern basin
3 Routh Rd, London SW18 3SW, UK
Tooting Common main lake
Dr Johnson Ave, London SW17 8JU, UK