From Monday 15th March to Tuesday 15th June inclusive we operate a fishing close season and fishing is not permitted at any of our lakes. Anyone found fishing will be in breach of the byelaws and may be subject to a fixed penalty notice.
How to get a fishing permit
In order to fish in any of the above three waters you must have a Wandsworth Council Fishing Permit. By purchasing the permit, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions issued to you at all times and to observe all Byelaws for the sites.
To get a fishing permit for our lakes for this season we can only accept written / emailed applications please email us at email@example.com and use the subject “fishing permit application” or write to us at:
Fishing Permits, Parks Office, Staff Yard, Battersea Park, London, SW11 4NJ
You must enclose the following otherwise your application will not be processed:
- A completed application form for a fishing permit
- A bank transfer to the details on the application form, with your name and ‘Fishing Permit’ as the reference.
- Two passport sized photos
- If you are aged 13 or over, a photocopy of your current Environment Agency Rod License (post office receipt is not acceptable as proof of license). Please refer to the official Government guidelines.
Pricing for 2022/2023
Due to current circumstances, we are accepting payment by bank transfer only. Bank details are available on the application form, you must have your ‘Name’ and ‘Fishing Permit’ as the reference.
• adult £105.40 per season
• senior (age 65 and over) £76.40
• junior (age under 16) £55.80
• people with disabilities £55.80
If you are applying for a concessionary price, please also include:
- proof of age for the junior or senior concessions, or
- proof of disability for the disability concession
Proof of disability includes:
- Front page of DLA
- PIP (no specific rate)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognized Assistance Dog ID card
- Credibility’s Access Card
Please note that bus passes and Blue Badge parking permits are not accepted as proof of disability.
For information on Environment Agency rod licenses visit https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences, call 0344 800 5386 or ask at your local post office.
Battersea Park lake fishing area
Central Ave, London SW11 4BE, UK
Wandsworth Common lake - southern basin
3 Routh Rd, London SW18 3SW, UK
Tooting Common main lake
Dr Johnson Ave, London SW17 8JU, UK