Help shape playground upgrades
The council plans to upgrade three Wandsworth Common playgrounds, and is holding drop-in events to get the input of local people.
Go along at the following times to find out what is proposed and to give your opinion on what playground equipment you would like installed.
- Windmill Nursery, Heathfield Rd, Wandsworth on Wednesday February 21 between 2pm and 7pm
- St Marks Church, Battersea Rise. Thursday Feb 22 between 10am and 3pm
- Fledglings Nursery, Chivalry Rd, Battersea. Saturday February 24, 1pm-4pm
There will be different options of the types of climbing frames, slides, swings, roundabouts, see-saws and other equipment to look at, and people will be able to vote on which they prefer.
You can fill out the consultation online via the following links.
- St Marks Playground, Wandsworth Common
- Chivalry Playground, Wandsworth Common
- Windmill Playground, Wandsworth Common
The closing date to comment is March 11.
Funding for the improvements is coming from the Wandsworth Local Fund (WLF). This grant scheme pays for new and improved community facilities using funding collected from private development projects in the surrounding area.
Other playgrounds and small parks that have been revamped with money from the fund over the past couple of years include Swaby Gardens in Earlsfield, King George’s Park in Wandsworth, Leaders Gardens in Putney and Garratt Park and Upper Tooting Park in Tooting.
The consultation and playground improvement works will be carried out by Enable Leisure and Culture, which manages the borough’s parks and open spaces on behalf of the council.
For further information please click here.