Just two weeks until the Get Active Wandsworth Festival 2017
The countdown has begun for the Get Active Wandsworth Festival 2017! On Saturday 15 July, King George’s Park will be filled with activities, taster sessions, advice tents, food and drink and guest presenters to inspire residents to get active!
Saturday 15 July from 12noon – 5pm | King George’s Park, Wandsworth, SW18 4AZ | Free, no booking required – just turn up
Get Active Wandsworth is part of Wandsworth Council’s wider leisure and sport programme and is a free event for all the family! Come along and get be inspired with amazing ways to get active and live a healthy lifestyle. There will be hundreds of providers from all over Wandsworth at the festival to showcase the very best that the borough has to offer in sport and physical activity. Free taster sessions, performances, face painting, bouncy castles, a climbing wall and children’s rides.
Here are some of the things you can expect from the Get Active Wandsworth Festival 2017:
- Sports club area with a range of sports to try for free!
- Free bike checks
- Climbing wall, bouncy castle and children’s rides
- Dance performances
- All star tennis taster sessions
- Inclusive activities; googly cricket, Disability Sports coach UK
- Face painting
- Large screen TV showing Wimbledon tennis finals
- PAWS the Active Wandsworth Mascot and friends
- Presenters Pure Yinkz and Uncle Dee (Presenters of Afrobeats Sensation – Mr Eazi, Faith Child and DJ P Montana.)
Find out more about these activities, download your event guide and much more on the website at www.enablelc.org/active
The Get Active Wandsworth Festival is delivered by Enable Leisure and Sport on behalf of Wandsworth Council.
For further information please contact:
Emma Toft Sport and Physical Activity Officer, Enable Leisure & Culture 020 8871 8712 / 07766361288 firstname.lastname@example.org| www.enablelc.org