TCS Mini London Marathon Championships
The TCS Mini London Marathon Championships is the official British road championships for young athletes aged between 11 and 17 years. The course takes place over the final part of the London Marathon course.
Who Can Apply?
For those who would like to represent Wandsworth at the TCS Mini London Marathon Championships 2022 need to be between 11 and 17 years old and either live or go to school in borough.
There are three age categories for the 2022 race:
- Under 13 – Born between 1 September 2009 and 1 October 2011
- Under 15 – Born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2009
- Under 17 – Born between 1 September 2005 and 31 August 2007
How to Apply – 2022 Applications are now closed.
- All athletes wishing to be considered for the Wandsworth team will need to complete a 5K park run event between Saturday 11 June and Saturday 3 September 2022. We will take your fastest time between and including these two dates. We advise parents/careers to remain onsite during the race. Please note the terms and conditions of Park Run state that children under the age of 11 years are the responsibility of their parents/guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the run.
- Register to complete a Park Run at www.parkrun.org.uk/register no later than 6pm the Friday before you want to run.
- Complete the Wandsworth Mini Marathon Application to Compete by Sunday 4 September 2022. Late entries will not be accepted.
- There are two park runs in the Wandsworth borough and seven others close by: Clapham Common, Tooting Common, Wimbledon Common, Richmond , Fulham Palace, Brockwell Park, Herne Hill, Dulwich Park, Crystal Palace.
- To view details of Park Run events please visit the Park Run website: www.parkrun.org.uk.
- Events take place every Saturday at 9am. Please do not forget to take your barcode with you as we can not accept times that are not officially registered with the correct barcode.
- When taking part in Park Run events you must adhere to their terms and conditions
What Happens Next?
The Sport & Physical Activity Team will select the six fastest male and female athletes in each category to represent Wandsworth on Saturday 1 October 2022. We will contact qualifying athletes during early September to confirm selection and with details for the event.
TCS Mini London Wheelchair and Ambulant/ Para Marathon
Wheelchair and ambulant athlete entry
There is also the opportunity for young athletes who use wheelchairs or have a physical or sensory impairment to take part in the TCS Mini London Marathon championships in the following categories:
- Under-14 Boys and Girls Wheelchair
- Under-17 Boys and Girls Wheelchair
- Under-14 Boys and Girls Ambulant
- Under-17 Boys and Girls Ambulant
How to enter:
For further details on taking part in these categories please contact Michelle Weltman, the TCS Mini London Marathon Wheelchair and Ambulant/Para Athlete Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.