Love Parks Wandsworth 2021
Taking a look back at Summer 2021…
FREE scavenger hunt! Get the kids involved and share with us on social using #LoveParksWandsworth – download available below:
Sunday 6th June: Wandsworth Common
Litter engagement day at Wandsworth Common, in partnership with the Friends of Wandsworth Common! The day will include:
- Giant Love Park letters – grab a photo with them and share using #LoveParksWandsworth
- Plogolution will be there to collect litter as they run around the park
- A chance to chat to the Friends of Wandsworth Common and find out what they’ve been up to
Saturday 3rd + Sunday 4th July: Battersea Park
Summer in Battersea Park featured:
- Botanical walk
- Silent Yoga
- Deep sound bath meditation
- FREE Zuma session
- FREE HIIT session
- Let’s All Dance theatre production of The Ugly Duckling
- Tile-making classes by Putney School of Art and Design
- Pottery Wheel Workshop by Putney School of Art and Design
- Butterfly Hunt by the Butterfly Conservation
- Taster Tai Chi session
- Watercolour painting classes by Putney School of Art and Design
- Secret Garden Live
- Come join us on at Furzedown Rec for a free Zumba class
- We also have a free HIIT class available
- A local nature walk
- Free dance performances of Teddy Bears’ Picnic and The Ugly Duckling
- Free dance workshops by Let’s All Dance!
- Or just bring a picnic and we’ll see you at the LOVE PARKS letters!
- Art Workshops running throughout the day for children and adults!
How to get involved
Residents of Wandsworth will be encouraged throughout the campaign to share their best park moments. Did you know that Wandsworth is one of the ‘greenest’ London boroughs? The borough’s parks, open spaces and private gardens cover 40% of Wandsworth. There have so far been a total of 1,600 different species recorded within 27 different habitat types. Several rare and endangered species can be found in Wandsworth, including peregrine falcons, black redstarts and stag beetles. We would love to see what wild and wonderful things you can spot in our parks – be sure to share your best finds using #LoveParksWandsworth throughout July and August.
Share on social
Throughout the summer, Love Parks Wandsworth will be sharing more knowledge about the biodiversity on your doorstep, as well as best ways to keep active outside and sustainable park usage. Follow us @LoveParksWandsworth on Twitter and Instagram over the summer to learn how you can get the most out of green spaces. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #LoveParksWandsworth to share your experience!