CORONAVIRUS CRITICAL UPDATE
Updated: Thursday 5th November 2020
Please visit our News page for full updates.
All our parks and open spaces will remain open. However, from 5 November, in line with Government guidance, tennis courts and outdoor gyms will be closed. Park cafes will close from midnight on Wednesday 4 November but take away services can continue. Toilets will remain open with enhanced hygiene arrangements. Playgrounds will remain open.
When in our parks and open spaces please:
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Be considerate of others when using the park
- Ensure you are two metres from others when using all open facilities
Measures in place:
- Full PPE for staff members in facilities
- Hand sanitiser available in all open toilets
- Parks and Events police on duty to monitor social distancing
Toilet opening times:
- Battersea Park: 8am – 10pm
- Wandsworth Common: 8am – 9pm
- Wandsworth Park: 8am – 9pm
- Tooting Common Cafe: Open
Welcome to Wandsworth’s parks pages!
Wandsworth’s parks team:
- manage and develop Wandsworth Council’s parks, commons, playgrounds and allotments
- process all enquires relating to Wandsworth’s public green spaces
- monitor the grounds maintenance, sports pitch bookings and arboriculture contracts on behalf of Wandsworth Council
- advise Wandsworth Council on its responsibilities with respect to legislation relating to biodiversity and advise on best practice in the ecological maintenance of parks
Meet the companies helping to look after Wandsworth’s greenspaces
Wandsworth Council, in partnership with Enable Leisure and Culture, work with several contractors to ensure that Wandsworth’s parks and commons are well looked after.
idverde runs two contracts: grounds maintenance and grass pitch bookings:
City Suburban (CSTS) runs the arboricultural (trees) contract:
Wandsworth Council’s greenspaces are managed in partnership with Enable Leisure and Culture