Summer School courses at Putney School of Art and Design are open for enrolment!
Updated: 16 July 2020
“To alleviate understandable concerns, I want to update you on how we are planning for the re-opening of the School, following Government announcements regarding easing lockdown restrictions. As mentioned before, the safety of staff and students will continue to be our key priority. The approach we are taking is based on a thorough risk assessment of the building and our studios. Re-mobilising under the necessary new conditions is a significant undertaking and it requires detailed planning.
We are following Government advice and working in collaboration with colleagues from ELC and Wandsworth Council, to put in place a range of measures and find solutions to mitigate the risk posed by Covid-19.
The teams are carefully reviewing each aspect of the school’s work and we will publish our risk assessments, as well as other useful information, in due course.
In the meantime, some of the measures we are implementing includes:
- Screen in reception area.
- Deep and enhanced daily cleaning regime of site and equipment
- Hand sanitising facilities throughout the building, and self-service cleaning equipment
- Washrooms that are limited to use by only one person at a time
- Controlling the movement of people around the building
- Clear floor markings to help everyone maintain social distancing
- Smaller class sizes and spacing out workstations
- Compulsory wearing of face coverings in the building
- Clear signage, guidance, and communication
- Clear advice on new studio practice particularly handling materials and equipment
There will also be posters throughout the building, reminding everyone to take a collective responsibility to keep to the new arrangements.
The support of our student community during this difficult period has been greatly valued and appreciated, so I would like to take this opportunity again to thank everyone.
Enrolment for Autumn term courses will be available from 27 July 2020.
Finally we have a range of onsite, offsite / outdoor location and online Summer School courses on https://www.webenrol.com/psad/Default.asp
We are very much looking forward to seeing you and welcoming you on site again from August.
Best wishes on behalf of the PSAD teams.”
Nilar Morgan – Head of Putney School of Art & Design