Memorial name: Memorial rose tree
Lease terms: One or seven years
Location of memorial: Various rose beds adjacent to the garden of remembrance
Availability: Good availability
Description: You may wish to sponsor a rose tree in one of our rose beds with a plastic plaque commemorating your loved one.
Rose tree. Includes plastic plaque attached to the rose stake
Purchase and setup: £234 (includes four lines of inscription)
1 years lease: £35*
7 years lease: £247
Additional plaque: £122
Individual Rose tree. These are no longer available to purchase (renewals and additional plaques only).
1 years lease: £71*
7 years lease: £502
Additional plaque: £218
Additional boulder: £245
Photo plaque option (on boulder): £125
Rose bush (These are no longer available to purchase (renewals and additional plaques only).
1 years lease: £26*
7 years lease: £no longer available
*You may pay for this memorial annually by direct debit. See ‘how to apply’ for more information.
All prices valid until 31st December 2023.
Download the Memorial rose application form
1. Fill in the applicant section at the top of page 1.
2. Please read the terms and conditions and sign the form.
3. On page 1 tick the box next to the type of rose and plaque option/s you require. Please note the number of lines of inscription that are available for that memorial.
4. Fill in the grid using the maximum number of lines instructed for the chosen plaque. Please use one box in the grid for each letter, space, comma and full stop etc.
5. The name of the deceased must be placed on its own line and be no longer than 18 letters.
6. Do not worry about centring the text as this will be done for you.
7. For granite boulders please indicate if you would like a photo plaque (additional fee) or motif (additional fee may apply).
8. A proof will be sent to you and will need to be agreed prior to the plaque being made. Fees are payable before manufacture.
How to pay
1. You need not pay anything yet. Once you have agreed and accepted the proof we will ask for payment which can be made by cheque payable to ‘Enable Leisure and Culture’ or you may pay by credit/debit card.
2. You will need to pay the ‘purchase and setup fee’ as stated in the current pricelist. Then add the fee for the lease you wish to add – either 1 or 7 years.
3. If you wish to pay annually you can do this by direct debit in which case please fill in a direct debit mandate form. Your first years lease will be taken from your account on the first day of the month following the installation of your plaque/memorial and the first day of that month each year thereafter.
4. Memorial leases are renewable each year or every seven years. We will write to you one month prior to the renewal date.
1. Once approved by the applicant please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and placement in the garden of remembrance. The lease term starts from the date the memorial is installed.
2. Inscriptions can be refused if deemed inappropriate or unsuitable.
3. We reserve the right to alter the layout of an inscription to suit continuity or to cater for artwork, photo plaques or drill holes. Where possible these changes will be reflected on the proof.
4. The purchase and setup fee is payable before any work is commissioned.
5. It is the applicants responsibility to notify the office of any change of address. This must be done on the official form available from the office or from www.enablelc.org. The council and/or its contractor hold no responsibility for a lease being terminated and plaques removed and disposed of where there has been no notification of a change of address.
6. Where a memorial is not renewed the plaque will be removed and disposed of but not before two letters of renewal have been sent to the applicant at his/her registered address. Please observe point 5 above.
7. All memorials including their surrounds and fixings remain the property of Wandsworth council and/or its contractor however should the applicant cancel a memorial he/she may collect the plaque from the office in person upon giving reasonable notice. Plaques will not be placed in the post.
8. Roses are maintained by the councils contractor. This includes the spraying of pesticides and herbicides as and when required. Please do not maintain the rose yourself as this can interfere with treatments etc.
9. The responsibility of replacing roses when and where it is deemed necessary is with the council or its contractor/s and at the request of the manager responsible or his/her nominated officer.
10. New and replacements roses are only planted in the autumn to give the rose the best chance of survival. Roses identified for replacement are added to a list for this purpose.
11. For roses in communal rose beds only fresh cut flowers without any wrappings are permitted to be placed at the base of the rose. No other items are permitted at all. No items are to be attached in any way to the rose stake or to the rose itself. Unauthorised items will be removed and disposed of without notice.
12. For individual roses items may be placed on the ground within the area defined by the supplied edging. Please note that glass of any kind is not permitted in the garden of remembrance. No items are to be attached in any way to the rose stake or to the rose itself. Unauthorised items will be removed and disposed of without notice.
13. Staff periodically remove flowers deemed past their best without notice.
14. Cremated remains are not scattered on or around or buried in the rose beds but may be scattered by appointment in an area of the garden of remembrance nearby the rose beds.