Friends of Greenspaces and MACS
Friends of Greenspaces Groups are any community group, user group, association, or similar, who have the sole focus of playing an active role in the management and improvement of a specific site managed by Enable Leisure and Culture on behalf of Wandsworth Council.
There are a number of Friends Groups across the borough who work to connect local people with the greenspace, help shape how parks and open spaces are improved, support public consultations and assist in securing additional funding for a particular greenspace.
If you would like to know more about a specific Friends Group, what they do and how to get involved, please click on a link in the table below. If there is no link for the Friends Group that you are interested in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your details on to them.
|Friends of Battersea Park||www.friendsofbatterseapark.org|
|Bramford Community Gardens||www.ttwandsworth.wordpress.com/community-garden/|
|Friends of Christchurch Gardens||www.facebook.com/ChristchurchFriendsGroup|
|Friends of Coronation Gardens||www.focoronationgardens.co.uk/|
|Friends of Fred Wells Gardens||www.facebook.com/FriendsoftheFredWellsGardens|
|Friends of Furzedown Recreation Ground||Please email email@example.com and we will forward your details on to Friends of Furzedown Recreation Ground|
|Friends of Tooting Common||www.friendsoftootingcommon.uk/|
|Friends of Wandsworth Common||www.wandsworthcommon.org/|
|Friends of Wandsworth Park||www.wandsworthpark.weebly.com|
A MAC is an elected group of volunteers, initially set up by Wandsworth Council, to monitor and advise the Council and its contractors on the management of a greenspace on behalf of its users. There are two MACs in Wandsworth: Wandsworth Common MAC and Tooting Common MAC.
To find out more about the work of the MACs and how to get involved, please see below.
The 2019 Annual Public Meeting (APM) of Tooting Common Management Advisory Committee will be held on Monday 24 June 2019 at Tooting Common Lido Pavilion (SW16 1RU). The meeting will start at 7.30pm. People will be welcome from 7pm.
For more information about the work of Tooting Common MAC and how to get involved, please visit https://tootingcommons.org/
- protect and enhance the biodiversity, wildlife and natural aspects of the common
- make sure the common provides a balance between organised activities and free space for individuals and small groups to enjoy
- promote the Common as an essential asset, benefiting local communities
- enable fundraising and encourage volunteering in support of the above
- provide opportunities to increase community use and involvement amongst different age groups
- support and engage with all stakeholder groups
- monitor the management and development of the Common
- hold Wandsworth Council, its Managing Agents and contractors to account and ensure services are delivered in line with the Management Plan
- support users and local residents and communities to achieve their vision for the common